The Origins of Oktoberfest
As we prepare to bring the Oktoberfest experience to you, let’s indulge in a bit of history. Oktoberfest began in 1810 in Munich, Germany, to celebrate the marriage of Crown Prince Ludwig and Princess Therese. The one-time royal gala evolved into an annual phenomenon, attracting millions worldwide. Though beer is the traditional focus, wine lovers have found ways to indulge in the festivities as well!
And that’s exactly what we plan to do here at Wine Rack—merge the worlds of beer and wine in one grand Oktoberfest event!
Highlighted Beer Deals
Of course, Oktoberfest wouldn’t be complete without beer, and we have a spectacular line up:
- Pilsner Urquell: Experience the Czech beer that invented the pilsner style.
- Camden Hells Lager: Modern British classics.
- Hoegaarden : Belgian wheat beer with spiced undertones.
- Leffe Blonde: A Belgian Blonde Ale filled with aromatic splendour.
- HOBGOBLIN ALE: Dark, ruby-coloured British ale for those who enjoy robust flavours.
The Perfect Glass for Your Beverage
To elevate your drinking experience, here’s your essential glassware guide:
- IPA & Ales: Tulip glasses are perfect for maintaining a frothy head and concentrating aromas.
- Stout: Opt for an imperial pint or snifter to focus the rich, roasted aromas.
- Pilsners & Lagers: Tall and slender pilsner glasses or simple straight-sided lager glasses will do the trick.
- Wine: A narrow glass for white wines like Riesling, and broader bowls for reds like Spätburgunder.
Not Just Beers: Spotlight on German Wines
While beers get their fair share of attention during Oktoberfest, let’s not forget the German wines that offer equally rich experiences:
- Riesling: This aromatic white wine ranges from sweet to dry and is incredibly food-friendly.
- Spätburgunder (Pinot Noir): A German red that’s lighter than its counterparts, offering delicate and sometimes smoky flavours.
- Gewürztraminer: Another white wine, known for its sweet floral aroma and taste of lychees.
So, put on your lederhosen or dirndls and make your way to Wine Rack. It’s not just about tasting; it’s about celebrating cultures and flavours. We look forward to welcoming you!
Here’s to an unforgettable Oktoberfest celebration at Wine Rack. Prost and Cheers!